University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, RBF Morph, RINA Consulting and Fondazione Toscana G. Monasterio recently published an article, “Fast interactive CFD evaluation of hemodynamics assisted by RBF mesh morphing and reduced order models: the case of aTAA modelling”, on the International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing.
Below the link to the publication:
The Consortium is proud to announce that the MeDiTATe project will be present at the 36th edition of the International CAE Conference (www.caeconference.com), which will be held online from November 30th to December 4th.
Our Experts will be present with a virtual stand at the Research Agorà and you will have the opportunity to talk with them and know more about the project.
It will possible to join the event by completing the registration form (for FREE but mandatory) at the link below:
On the 9th of November 2020, all the members of the Consortium met in an online progress meeting to discuss the advancement of the MeDiTATe project, particularly:
• Presentation of the project for ESRs;
• Presentation of the new partners, University of Sydney and Beta CAE;
• Status of ESRs enrolment and progress of IRPs;
• Presentation of ESRs;
• Training program: verification and possible deviation.
The MeDiTATe project Consortium is proud to announce that another valuable partner will accompany the ESRs during this journey: BETA CAE Systems officially joined the Consortium.
These are difficult times, but the MeDiTATe project never stopped!
In fact, a new partner joined us to contribute to realize this ambitious programme and to support ESRs: indeed, we are delighted to announce that “The University of Sydney” is now officially part of the Consortium!
Speaking of The University of Sydney, why don’t you take a look at these open positions for two additional PhD projects based in Australia?
Despite not being considered as ESRs, there will be a collaboration between the selected candidates and the MeDiTATe project programme.
Brace yourself, other updates on MeDiTATe project are coming…
See you soon!
RBF Morph will join the event Imaging, Modelling and Simulation in Biomechanics and Mechanobiology as sponsor. Such an event is organized by “The Advanced International School” and it will be held in Rome (Italy) on February, 24th-28th, 2020.
The School will instruct the audience on the importance of a rigorous and multidisciplinary approach for the effective translation of biomechanics models into clinical practice. Six internationally-outstanding invited lecturers were selected to cover topics that include imaging, theoretical biomechanics, computational biomechanics and mechanobiology.
During the session dedicated to talks from participants, we will present our work in collaboration with the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” titled Moving the boundaries of in-silico cardiovascular analyses – the role of the ITN-EID MeDiTATe project and RBF Morph software.
More information is available on the website www.unicampus.it/advanced-school
We look forward to seeing you!
The Kick-Off meeting took place in Rome, on January 31st at University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, the coordinator of the MeDiTATe Project. All Consortium Partners were present and inspired to start this wonderful and challenging journey.
In this first plenary meeting, the leaders and deputies for each Work Package showed their strategy to manage the activities, the most pressing actions points determined, and the next steps were scheduled.
Everything is ready, everyone is thrilled to move forward to meet potential candidates… or better, potential HEROES!
Dear future HERO,
MeDiTATe Consortium is delighted to announce that ESRs Projects descriptions are online!
Check this to discover which of the 14 ESRs Projects better suits your aspirations and APPLY NOW to be one of the first Candidate to be interviewed!
See you soon!
A new year brings new resolutions. What are your plans?
Have you ever thought about who you want to be?
Possibilities are endless, YOU can be whatever YOU want…
What about BEING a HERO?!
MeDiTATe (“the Medical Digital Twin for Aneurysm Prevention and Treatment”) will establish a Marie Curie European Industrial Doctorate (MC-EID) to provide doctorates for 14 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) who will undertake Individual Research Projects (IRPs) in biomechanical engineering. The aim of these programmes is to ultimately improve patient care in the field of aneurysms specific prevention and treatment.
The objectives of MeDiTATe are as follows:
- to translate the well-known expertise specific of “traditional” engineering into a real clinical environment;
- to ensure the collaboration between research/academic organizations and industries, to investigate cutting-edge issues for R&D in the aneurysms prevention and treatment by means of Digital Twin approach;
- to provide ESRs with an enviable skills mix, making them attractive to both academia and industry, preparing them for a competitive employment market and individually balancing technical and complementary skills training.
The aforementioned points will be achieved through a coordinated Research Training Programme of European Industrial Doctorates (EID-RTP), comprising:
- an Individual Research Plan involving each ESR in specific research activities in both industries and research/academic organizations;
- a Collaborative Research Plan in both scientific and complementary skills, finalized to reinforce the members’ knowledge at global level and to combine the individual activities in a Network-Wide fashion;
- an Academic-Industrial Hybrid Supervisory Board, in order to provide a strict guidance to ESRs on different levels and to coordinate the network effort.
Beyond these points, additional activities will be promoted within the MeDiTATe project:
- Specialist Feedback, delivered directly by the clinical and industrial sectors to the single ESRs through an organic and comprehensive programme;
- collaboration with different professionals in a multidisciplinary environment concerning the world of prevention and treatment of aneurysms with Digital Twin technologies;
- organisation of Network Conferences to improve the diffusion of partial and final results of the project and to define further objectives and goals;
- organisation of a journal Special Issue to disseminate peer-reviewed ESR research outcomes.
More information will be available soon!
…Will YOU be ready to be a HERO?
- The Consortium of the MeDiTATe project wishes to all of you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!
- Members of the MeDiTATe project on Journal
- MeDiTATe at the 36th International CAE Conference
- The Consortium reunites together for a progress meeting
- A new partner for the MeDiTATe project: BETA CAE Systems joined the team