Here is an interview with Dr. Ubaldo Cella, researcher at the University of Rome Tor Vergata and Project Manager of the MeDiTATe project.
The MeDiTATe project is one of the largest Industrial Doctorate Programmes funded by the EU Commission. As Project Manager, what are the key points to keep in mind when dealing with the management of such a large Consortium?
The entire project is based on the collaboration within the members of private and public companies, hospitals and research institutions and universities. How can the Project Manager facilitate the cooperation and the communication amongst these different realities?
The MeDiTATe project is an extraordinary environment in which scientists with very different backgrounds in different disciplines share their competences to pursue a common objective. This is not common in the research world and represents one of the added values of our project. We are doing our best to create a network, organize meetings, develop connections and to stimulate collaboration between the fellows. All the Supervisors are invited to identify common interests and propose further research, expanding the connection to projects other than MeDiTATe. Unfortunately, the pandemic situation has created many obstacles most notably the importance of human contact. To remedy this, we have utilized digital platforms to facilitate the communication but inevitably many opportunities have been lost. Read More
- The MeDiTATe project consortium wishes you a restful summer break
- Latest publication in MeDiTATe project. EndoBeams.jl: A Julia finite element package for beam-to-surface contact problems in cardiovascular mechanics
- MeDiTATe project new publication. The Hemodynamic Effect of Modified Blalock–Taussig Shunt Morphologies: A Computational Analysis Based on Reduced Order Modeling
- First MeDiTATe project publication. High fidelity fluid-structure interaction by radial basis functions mesh adaption of moving walls: a workflow applied to an aortic valve
- An interview with Dr. Ubaldo Cella, Project Manager of the MeDiTATe project